The Mercury – Thusday
Building blocks that will bring powerful shifts to your life:
• Deliberately become the most generous person you know. This is not about already possessing wealth before you can be generous. If you’re not generous when you have little you probably won’t be if you become rich.
• Hold everything you own with an open hand. Share, just as you learned (or as adults tried to teach you) as a five-year-old.
• Empower others. You lose nothing when you help others to gain.
• Say “yes” more than “no” to the adventures that come your way (Ed Friedman) although it’s necessary to learn how and when to say a firm “no.”
• Develop the capacity to “see beyond” the limitations set by your family history, your nationality, and your faith story. (Also Friedman)
• Learn to live within your means. In other words, make more money than you spend.
• Determine to embody forgiveness, freedom, and grace for all who will repeatedly and naturally attempt to sabotage you. You will meet more and more resistance as you become more and more intentional about your choices.
• Acknowledge and embrace your inevitable dark side. Try to understand it and accept it so that it will not try to take you by surprise in response to your denial of its presence.
• Be gentle on yourself as you would with a treasured loved-one. After all, you are all you’ve got.